How do I redeem a code I received as a gift, giveaway, or prize?
Updated: Wednesday 3rd January 2018
If you've received a gift, giveaway, or prize code, please check below for instructions on how to claim or redeem it. If you have a Steam key then you will need to follow different instructions found here.
I'm having problems applying a discount code on the Frontier StoreYou can apply a discount code/coupon in the Cart section of the Frontier Store. You can find that here.
This includes Special Day codes, unique promotional discount codes, and more!
Where do I redeem a gift code, giveaway code, or event code?Event codes and gift codes for in-game items can be redeemed on the in-game store on PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PS4™. This includes physical codes received at events such as Frontier Expo, PAX, Gamescom & EGX, codes on cards included in promotional offers such as in special editions of PC Gamer, or digital codes given away by streamers on Twitch, YouTube, etc.
1. Launch Elite Dangerous and make sure your ship is docked.
2. Open the Livery and select Buy Game Extras.
3. Select Redeem Frontier Key on the top right of the page.
4. Enter your code (including dashes) and select Submit.
Note: Commanders on Xbox One or PS4™ must use the in-game store. Commanders on PC or Mac may also redeem codes directly on FrontierStore.net.
I'm still having problems redeeming my code (PC/Mac)If your code still seems to be invalid then, in some cases, this may be due to an issue with your Frontier Account such as:
To check your Frontier Account details for any errors like this, please log in to your account here.
- The first or second name on your account includes numbers.
- The first or second name starts or ends with a blank space character.
- The first or second name includes any special characters.
I'm still having problems redeeming my code (Xbox One/PS4™)If you encounter an error when redeeming your codes, please first check the following:
- You might have already redeemed your code. During busy periods items may take a while to appear, allow some time and then check for any new items in-game.
- Your code may be exclusive to a different version of the game. For example, PS4™ promotional codes will not work on Xbox One or PC/Mac.
If you require any further assistance with any of the above and our support site is not able to help, please get in touch using the button below, making sure to include any promotional codes you're experiencing trouble with.
Please wait... it will take a second!