Please note that due to overwhelming popularity of the Powerplay Decal Pack you may experience delays of up to 24 hours before seeing in-game purchases appear in-game.
To resolve some recent stability problems, new VIP Passenger missions have been disabled temporarily. Active missions of this type are not affected.
How do I clear my Xbox One cache?
Updated: Thursday 24th September 2015
Clearing your Xbox cache can help with any connection or game launching issues that you might be experiencing and is a good first step to try and resolve problems.
Unlike Xbox 360, the Xbox One does not have a menu option to clear cache on the console. Instead, please follow these steps to clear cache on an Xbox One:
After you have done this please try launching Elite Dangerous again and let our support team know if you are still having issues.
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick in not connected to the console.
- Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will ensure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.
- Plug in the power cable back into the console.
- Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
- Turn on the console using the power button.
Please wait... it will take a second!