Please note that due to overwhelming popularity of the Powerplay Decal Pack you may experience delays of up to 24 hours before seeing in-game purchases appear in-game.
To resolve some recent stability problems, new VIP Passenger missions have been disabled temporarily. Active missions of this type are not affected.
"Failed to read from response stream. Network connection closed." when updating Elite Dangerous
Updated: Tuesday 3rd January 2017
This issue primarily occurs when there is a connection issue that interrupts the downloading of files mid-download.
Try manually removing broken download files:
If this issue persists further you may be able to get the download to restart correctly by manually removing the broken .part or .progress files that the launcher is currently using.
- Close the Elite Dangerous launcher
- Locate your game installation folder by checking this FAQ
- To easily locate all these files, search the specified folder for .part or .progress
- Once the search concludes, remove all files that end in .part or .progress
- Start the launcher once more to begin the download without these files
Try clearing Windows' cached download files:
In some cases you may need to clear the cached files for Microsoft .Net:
- Go to the start menu and type 'Internet Options'
- Open the Internet Options dialogue
- On the General tab, under Browsing History, click Delete...
- Tick 'Temporary Internet files and website files' and 'Cookies and website data'
- Click Delete
If the error persists further:
Should this error persist beyond this point you may wish to create a ticket with us. For us to help you as quickly as possible we will need two files from you:
Please locate your Client.log and Update.log files by using this FAQ article.
Note: If you cannot locate the Update.log file please stop your current download and open the launcher options menu, ensure Alternative Download Method is disabled and that Detailed Update Log is enabled. The Update.log file will be generated the next time your download completes or fails.
Some users may wish to use Steam to download Elite Dangerous instead of the Launcher, you can find out how to add Elite Dangerous to your Steam Library here.
Please wait... it will take a second!