Why am I regularly encountering errors connecting to Matchmaking or Adjudication Servers?
Updated: Tuesday 11th December 2018
If you are experiencing errors connecting to the matchmaking or adjudication servers whilst playing please follow the steps below.
Connection errors can often caused by a number of problems. Please review our Connectivity Troubleshooting Steps to rule out the most common problems before proceeding.
Verify your game files as follows:
- Ensure that the game is not currently running and open the Elite Dangerous launcher.
- Select the correct way to repair your game files
- Normal Frontier Installation: Go to Options and select Validate Game Files.
- Steam: If you are using Steam you can use Steam's built-in verify integrity function.
- Xbox One: Re-install the game as normal.
If you've already completed the above steps and continue to regularly encounter 'Error connecting to Matchmaking (or Adjudication) Server' messages we encourage you to obtain a Netlog file and submit it to our QA team for them to review.
You can create a Netlog file as follows:
Please send this to our QA team by creating a bug report on the relevant forum section HERE.
- If you are currently playing the game please select Save and Exit to exit to the main menu to enable the Network section of the Options menu.
- Open the Network options menu.
- Set Logging to On.
- Continue to play the game until you encounter the error.
- Your Netlog file will appear in the location listed under Path in the Network options menu. You can also locate these using this FAQ article.
Note: This error should not be confused with other similar server error messages, please see the corresponding FAQ articles below:
The Game Failed to Communicate with the Authentication Server
Could not connect to Transaction Server
If you require help with the above, or you suspect that you have a unique connection problem that you may require help with, you can also send your Netlog file to the Customer Support team by creating a ticket below.
Please wait... it will take a second!