Launch issues troubleshooting with Jurassic World Evolution™ on PC (Steam)
Updated: Wednesday 6th February 2019
If you're experiencing an issue when loading up Jurassic World Evolution on PC where you can see the game cursor, hear the audio but you cannot see any visuals, we have produced a list of solutions that has worked for different users below. Please follow each step below to help run the game:
1. Verify the integrity of your game files within Steam
Steam have provided a very thorough guide to this here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
2. Ensure your Windows version is fully up-to-date:
- Press the Windows key -> type 'Check for updates' and select -> Check for updates and install any outstanding updates
3. Ensure your graphical drivers are up-to-date:
Updating drivers for your graphics card and some peripherals does not work with the automatic Windows Updater & must be acquired by the manufacturer's website.
- For Nvidia graphics cards, you can get the drivers at www.Geforce.com/drivers or by using the 'Geforce Experience' software
- For AMD graphics cards, you can get the drivers at www.amd.com
For those using 'GeForce Experience' to update their Nvidia driver. Please select 'Custom Installation' and select the option for a clean install of the latest drivers.
For Intel graphics cards, you can get the drivers at www.intel.com (Note: Intel graphics cards are not officially supported by Jurassic World Evolution™ at this time)
Some notebook computers will require that only drivers validated by the system manufacturer may be installed. Validated drivers should be provided on the manufacturer’s website.
4. Disabling the Steam, Discord and Geforce overlays:
- Steam -> Settings -> In-Game and untick the 'Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game' option
- Head to 'User Settings' -> 'Games' and toggle the overlay to Off.
Nvidia GeForce Experience:
- Head to 'Settings' -> 'General' -> 'In-game overlay' and toggle the overlay option to Off.
5. Use our premade low-intensity graphical profile setting:
You can download a premade graphics profile which is designed to be a lower workload on your PC starting up. The profile is attached to the bottom of this article, just right click it and 'Save link as'.
Once downloaded, replace the ' Graphics.config.xml' and 'PerformanceRating.config.xml' files in the following location:
- C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Jurassic World Evolution\Config_Local
You may not initially be able to see the 'AppData' folder, you can make it visible in your File Explorer by selecting:
- 'File' -> 'Change folder and search options' -> 'View' -> 'Show hidden files, folders and drives'
6. Disable Nahimic Sonic StudioWe're aware that Jurassic World Evolution does not work on machines that also have Nahimic Sonic Studio or similar audio applications installed.
Please consider disabling these before launching the game as they may be interfering causing the game not to launch correctly.
7. Unplug any 3rd party peripherals
Some third party peripherals can cause conflicts when loading up games, so please unplug everything except the necessary keyboard and mouse.
8. Lower your Windows resolution temporarily, then change it back
We have found that this has worked across many PC games since the Windows 10 April 2018 Creators update. It will trigger Windows to update your chosen display settings.
9. Roll back NVidia drivers to 398.11
Finally, please try rolling back your graphics drivers. We have seen a number of reports that some NVidia graphics drivers cause crashes with Jurassic World Evolution, to try to resolve this issue please use driver version 398.11. For more information on how to do this, see our guide which can be found here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=153
Please wait... it will take a second!